Looking for the best motorcycle battery for your bike?
Well, you are in luck because this in-depth guide covers everything you need to know about motorcycle batteries!
But first, let’s check out the top 9 motorcycle batteries right now.
Here is the list:
Best Motorcycle Batteries in 2019
|Shorai LFX14L2-BS12||2.3 x 4.5 x 3.5 inches||12 volts||1.46 pounds|
|ThrottleX Batteries XDX30L||8 1/8 x 3 9/16 x 6 3/8||N/A||19 lbs|
|Chrome Battery YTX12-BS||5.91 x 3.43 x 5.12 in||12 volts||7.51 lbs|
|Renegade RG30L-WS||6.56 x 5 x 6.87 in||12 volts||23 lbs|
|Battery Tender BTL09A120C||4.21” x 2.2” x 3.35”||12 volts||1.2 lbs|
|Yuasa YTZ14S||5.91 x 3.43 x 4.33 in||12 volts||8.6 lbs|
|Mighty Max YTZ12S||6.00 x 3.44 x 4.38||12 volts||9 pounds|
|Chrome Battery YTX7L-BS||4.45 x 2.76 x 5.12 in||12 volts||4.73 pounds|
|EBC CTX9BS 105CCA Motorcycle Battery||6.4 x 4.6 x 3.7 inches||12 volts||6.8 pounds|
1. Shorai LFX14L2-BS12
- If you need to recharge this battery, you can do it very quickly.
- This battery is extremely lightweight, which is always a plus with a motorcycle.
- The customer service provided by the company is not as good as it should be.
2. ThrottleX Batteries XDX30L
- The manufacturer of this battery provides excellent customer service.
- This battery uses sophisticated technology to guarantee it is leak-proof.
- The manufacturer offers customers a 30 day money-back guarantee.
- This battery is unusually heavy, adding extra weight to your motorcycle.
- Customers who have installed this battery have found that it sometimes has charging issues.
3. Chrome Battery YTX12-BS
- The manufacturer provides a generous 18 month warranty for parts.
- There is also a 30 day money back guarantee on this battery.
- For its quality, this battery is highly competitive when it comes to pricing.
- Some customers using this battery report that it can be difficult to jump start.
- Other customers also report that there seem to be certain charging issues with this battery.
4. Renegade RG30L-WS
- The manufacturer of this battery provides an impact resistant carrying case to go with it.
- This battery provides a lot of extra cranking power for your motorcycle.
- The AGM construction used in this battery means that it is entirely leakproof.
- Many customers have reported that this manufacturer’s customer service is not very good.
- One of the more noticeable problems with this battery is the use of cheap terminals.
5. Battery Tender BTL09A120C
- This product is smaller and lighter than a standard cell battery you might use.
- The manufacturer has been careful to use materials and a design that makes this battery highly durable.
- Keep in mind that extremely cold weather might be able to damage this battery.
6. Yuasa YTZ14S
- Because of the quality of its construction, you can expect this battery to last many years.
- Another great thing about this battery is that it is available at a very reasonable price.
- The manufacturer guarantees customers very fast shipping and delivery of this battery.
- Some customers have reported that this battery may have problems holding a charge.
7. Mighty Max YTZ12S
- This leakproof battery is excellent for those concerned about the environment.
- This type of battery doesn’t require you to constantly be adding water.
- Some customers have reported problems with this battery not holding a charge.
- These same customers have reported problems with customer service not addressing their issue.
8. Chrome Battery YTX7L-BS
- This smart battery offers an LED digital display showing the battery voltage.
- The Chrome Battery is essentially maintenance free because of the gel electrolytes it uses.
- The manufacturer offers free shipping when ordered within the United States.
- Some customers report that this battery is difficult to install on their motorcycles.
- If you have to return this battery, you have to pay $5 for restocking and the cost of shipping and handling.
9. EBC CTX9BS 105CCA Motorcycle Battery
- This battery is a great option for those who want a replacement battery at a reasonable price.
- The product is much lower maintenance been many competing batteries.
- The manufacturer indicates that this battery holds a charge extremely well in a range of conditions.
- The charge has to be set below 12 V because internal resistance is quite high.
- This battery is rather large and heavy compared to the many lower weight, higher tech options available.
10. Ballistic Performance EVO2 Battery for Motorcycles Batteries
- Holds charge very well and can be in storage for several weeks without needing to be recharged.
- This battery is both impact and water resistant, which is a good thing with a motorcycle battery.
- When compared to a standard lead acid battery, this battery has twice the lifespan.
- This battery works best on vehicles that use 50-1800cc engine engines.
- While a very sound battery, it is a bit on the pricey side.
Motorcycle Battery Buyer’s Guide
Other cool guides:
- Reviews of the top party speakers & Buyer’s Guide
- A Guide to the bestselling bluetooth dongles
- Wi-fi router Buyer’s guide
- Best Motorcycle Batteries in 2019
- 1. Shorai LFX14L2-BS12
- 2. ThrottleX Batteries XDX30L
- 3. Chrome Battery YTX12-BS
- 4. Renegade RG30L-WS
- 5. Battery Tender BTL09A120C
- 6. Yuasa YTZ14S
- 7. Mighty Max YTZ12S
- 8. Chrome Battery YTX7L-BS
- 9. EBC CTX9BS 105CCA Motorcycle Battery
- 10. Ballistic Performance EVO2 Battery for Motorcycles Batteries
- Motorcycle Battery Buyer’s Guide