Best Welding Helmets 2019
|Helmet||Viewing Field Size||Auto Darkening||Weight|
|Jackson Safety BH3 ||3.8 x 2.7 inches||Yes||2.0 lbs.|
|3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 ||1.8 x 3.7 inches||Yes||1.37 lbs.|
|Hobart 770754 ||3.81 x 1.85 inches||Yes||20.3 ounces|
|Metal Man ATEC8735SGC ||3.78 x 2.05 inches||Yes||1.8 lbs.|
|Lincoln Electric 3350 Series ||3.74 x 3.34 inches||Yes||20 ounces|
|Rhino Large View RH01 ||4 x 2.6 inches||Yes||1.2 lbs.|
|Miller Electric Welding Helmet ||5 1/5 square inches||Yes||2.0 lbs.|
|Antra AH5-350-001X ||3.78 x 2.07 inches||Yes||1 lbs.|
|Rhino Large View Red RH16 ||4 x 2.6 inches||Yes||1.2 lbs.|
|ArcPro 20704 ||3.78 x 2.07 inches||Yes||1.15 lbs.|
1. Jackson Safety BH3 Welding Helmet
- This welding helmet is darkened by wavelength and will not be triggered by sunlight.
- With the exceptionally clear lens, the welder can easily see any weld puddles.
- The lens design and the blue shade associated with this helmet helps to reduce retinal burning.
- The Jackson Safety BH3 does not come with a test button to check the speed of darkening.
- Some users of this welding helmet have suggested the controls knobs are hard to reach while welding.
2. 3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100
- The 3M Speedglas 9100 is well ventilated reducing the amount of fogging while welding.
- With the additional side glass panels available on this helmet, the user has a broader range of vision.
- The plasma mode can be beneficial to the hobbyist as well as the professional.
- Some users of this helmet have complained that it cannot accommodate more substantial respirators.
3. Hobart 770754
- The Hobart 770754 can accommodate almost any brand magnifying lens to improve the welder’s visibility.
- The precision of the electronic darkness and delay adjustments are excellent for this model.
- The design of the headgear and flip down hood make them well-balanced.
- Some users complain the battery drains quicker than other similar models.
- This unit only has three sensors instead of four which may allow arc flash to enter the lens.
4. Metal Man ATEC8735SGC
- This helmet allows the use of both solar and batteries to power the electronics.
- When an arc flash happens, the four sensors on this helmet ensure instant darkening.
- When the helmet is in grind mode, the thicker lens protects the face.
- The lens may not precisely switch from 9 to 13 making it more light or dark gradations
- This Metal Man helmet may not be appropriate for heavy-duty steel projects.
5. Lincoln Electric 3350 Series
- This helmet is better than others on this list for use in grind mode.
- With the darkest setting, the welder will be protected from retinal burn while still having excellent visibility.
- The 4C technology of the Lincoln Electric 3350 is exceptionally effective.
- When using this helmet in hot conditions, ventilation and fogging may be an issue.
6. Rhino Large View RH01
- The Rhino Large View RH01 has one of the largest viewing areas available.
- With the heat resistant nature of this helmet, it can be used in a variety of environmental conditions.
- The two sensors are separately powered by a solar panel package backed by two batteries.
- Some users have described difficulty with replacing a damaged lens.
7. Miller Electric Welding Helmet 251292
- The solar-powered panel helps to ensure this helmet continues to run even during breakups in power.
- The adjustable knobs allow the user to set the perfect amount of shade and light for the project.
- The complete protection and lightweight design encourage the user to work for more extended periods.
- This helmet is an entry level one with just the essential welding helmet features.
- This helmet comes with four sensors to ensure an increase in coverage.
- The adjustable knobs on the helmet allow the user to expand and limit the available features.
- This Antra helmet comes with a removable and washable sweat mask.
- Some users have reported minor issues when using this helmet for TIG welding.
9. Rhino Large View Red RH16
- The Red RH16 has the technology to auto darken within 1/25000 span of seconds.
- Because it is made with a hard nylon material, the RH16 is lightweight which allows the user to avoid fatigue.
- With the extra-large viewing area, this Rhino provides a variety of angles to view the working platform
- Some reviews comment that sometimes there is an issue getting the helmet to stay in the up position.
10. ArcPro 20704
- The shade is adjusted in the span of DIN 9 and 13 for this helmet.
- When using the mask in grind mode, the shade is modified in the span of DIN 4.
- This helmet protects the head, eyes, and neck from infrared and ultraviolet rays.
- The ArcPro 20704 is not a useful helmet when TIG welding.
Best Welding Helmet Buyer’s Guide
- Best Welding Helmets 2019
- 1. Jackson Safety BH3 Welding Helmet
- 2. 3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100
- 3. Hobart 770754
- 4. Metal Man ATEC8735SGC
- 5. Lincoln Electric 3350 Series
- 6. Rhino Large View RH01
- 7. Miller Electric Welding Helmet 251292
- 8. Antra AH5-350-001X
- 9. Rhino Large View Red RH16
- 10. ArcPro 20704
- Best Welding Helmet Buyer’s Guide